Lithuanian countryside tourism association (LCTA) is national level association uniting 60% of countryside tourism service providers in Lithuanian, having nearly 400 members and 6 employees working in the administration. Main goals and activities of the association are to represent interests of the Association members at management institutions and other organizations, to coordinate the activities of the Association members developing rural tourism in Lithuania and to analyze the demand for rural tourism services within the country and abroad. We actively participate in developing and analyzing new draft laws of the rural tourism sector of Lithuania.
LCTA also organizes workshops, conferences, fairs, exhibitions, to prepare methodical means and information bulletins on the activities of the Association and its members. To improve the qualification of the Association members we organize traineeships within the country and abroad. Association periodically carries out Rural Tourism organizer trainings. Annually organizes, seminars and conferences as well as surveys of providers in order to find all possible and the best ways to improve the quality, safety and security.
Association runs rural tourism promotion portal www.countryside.lt reaching out 360 000 unique visitors a year. Lithuanian countryside tourism association vision is to make rural tourism cozy, hospitable and high quality holiday destination by developing a competitive rural tourism product.
Since 2007, the Association is a member of Eurogites, the European federation of Farm tourism and incorporates best experiences of European rural tourism product development in our country.
Goals of the Lithuanian Countryside Tourism Association
- To represent the interests of the Association members against any and all institutions and organizations;
- To coordinate activities of the Association members in developing rural tourism in Lithuania;
- To arrange workshops, conferences, fairs, methodical aids, information booklets on the issues of operation of the Association and its members;
- To improve the Association members’ qualifications and arrange training sessions within the country and abroad;
- To analyze demand for rural tourism services within the country and abroad;
- To cooperate with analogous organizations in the Republic of Lithuania, other countries and international organizations and become a member of these organizations;
- To participate in developing and analyzing new draft laws of Lithuania governing activities of the Association and its members.